Anna Barnes with ErinHill Sketching has created our Sketch&Lunch Days.
We’ve introduced a delicious new way to combine your passion for both sketching and great food, or perhaps just enjoying the cultural side.
Anna was a top chef in Sydney’s restaurants for 25 years and has a particular passion for interesting cuisines. She is keen to share lunch with you!
New Sketch&Lunch Locations in 2018
- January 29th: Vietnamese – Cabramatta. See our day here
- February 26th: Malaysian – Chinatown Booking Now
- March 26th: Korean – Eastwood
- April 30th: Indian – Harris Park
- May 28th: Japanese – Sydney Fish Market
- June 25th: Cambodian – Cabramatta
- July 30th Italian – Haberfeild
- August 27th: Lebanese – Punchbowl
- September 17th: Chinese – Burwood
- October 29th: Turkish – Auburn
- November 26th: Vietnamese -Cabramatta
Beginning at 10:30 am and finishing at 1:30 pm, on the last Monday of the month, we’ll take you to the most interesting food markets, try a unique beverage and we will lunch on regional dishes in a local restaurant.
1: We visit a vendor for a beverage or light snack that is unique to our cuisine.
This is where we will do our first sketch.
2: We discuss the cuisine and culture of the Country we are focussing on followed by a foot tour through the local markets explaining the unique ingredients and cooking implements of the cuisine.
This is your chance to purchase those hard to find ingredients, and ask Chef Anna about your recipes for the cuisine we are focussing on.
A sketch capturing the impression of the market is a must.
3: We settle for a light lunch in a restaurant that is either favoured by the locals, a little unusual, or showcases a particular region or style of the cuisine.
We will sketch again.
Your Erin Hill Sketch Tutor will give a demonstration on how to capture the essence of the restaurant, and incorporate the themes of the cuisine and culture into your sketch.
* Bring along your full sketch kit.
* Locations are in Western Sydney (always near a train station).
* Held on the Last Monday of the month.
* Cost $55 per day.
* Sketching tuition and tour guiding on the day included.
* Wear comfortable walking shoes – it is a walking tour.
* Bring a “cool bag” for your fresh food purchases
* Bring cash to make bill splitting a breeze (we wont be stopping at any ATM’s).
* Limited small group size (8 pp max).
( Not included – Personal travel to meeting location, drinks, fresh food purchases and lunch )
We have a “mini kit” available, that includes an A5 journal, black sketching pen and set of aquarelle pencils, which will get you sketching for the day.
Anna has studied Fine Arts and Social Anthropology, has her Masters in Design Science and was a top chef in Sydney’s restaurants for 25 years.
She is also a very passionate sketcher and trained Erin Hill Tutor and particularly fond of all cuisines. She cannot wait to share lunch with you.
2017 DATES Last Monday of every month.
29th May- A taste of Vietnam- see our day here
26th June– Try something from India-see our day here
7th August– Korean food taking Sydney by storm-see our day here
28th August– Chinese regional specialties-see our day here
25th September– Malaysian heady delight-see our day here
30th October– Vietnamese Delights-see our day here
To Book, email email@example.com