Designed for those who haven’t sketched with us before and are keen to try before committing to regular classes. A excellent way for interstate students to learn the basic skills to get started. Great for regular students to polish up too!
Workshop schedule for Manly
Sunday 28th May – First Steps to becoming a sketcher
Sunday 30th July – ‘First Steps and Easy Perspective
Sunday 24th September – First Steps to becoming a sketcher
Sunday 26th November – First Steps and Simple Colour
Group sizes are about 10 people.
All workshops run from 10am – 3.00pm including time for lunch and a coffee.
What you’ll learn
Explore some of our unique Erin Hill Sketching techniques and tricks – quick impressions, just a few lines, a dash of colour. If you haven’t sketched with us before, this is your entree in a fun and relaxing workshop environment. No previous experience is needed.
- Great for interstate and overseas people to get the basic skills to take away with them.
- Perfect as a way to try sketching and then join a regular class
- A great way for our new Sketchers already in classes to polish up
Our workshop format
All ErinHill travel sketching classes & workshops have a 3 part structure:
1) Meet at ErinHill Studio, 97 Sydney Road, Manly, just before 10am. Your tutor will greet you and your Sketch Kit will be waiting. Once everyone is comfortable we have tea or coffee to help us get started before learning some technique.
2) Then we head off outdoors to sketch our theme of the day on-location in Manly
3) Lunch is about 1pm, (don’t forget your lunch money) where do our second on-location sketch – interiors, people or objects while having a coffee or lunch.
What to bring
- Rain gear if weather looks iffy
- Money for lunch or coffee
- Smiles and willingness to try something new!
$300 per person (Includes full sketch kit valued at $150)
How to book
Email email@example.com to book your place.